- If connection files are available, references can be directly added to your EndNote library without having to export a text file. However searching from within the EndNote interface only allows basic author, title or keyword searches to be conducted. Complex searches should be undertaken within the appropriate database, then imported into EndNote using a filter.
- With EndNote X5, only the most popular files are available in the EndNote Connection File Manager. Others need to be downloaded and added to the EndNote Connections folder on your computer. The popular files do NOT include Australian Library Catalogues (Libraries Australia), or the VU catalogue. See instructions below for adding these files.
- How to download Connection files:
- Click on the name of the connection file to be downloaded - for example VU Library Catalogue
- Save the file into the connections folder. This is a personal folder located in My Documents on your computer, e.g. C:\My Documents\EndNote\Connections.
NB: In earlier versions of EndNote and with Windows XP operating system, these files are saved into the Program folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\EndNote\X5\Connections.