If you are already set up to search from your favourite database then that is the most effective place to search. Otherwise, Google Scholar can be a useful source to export basic citation details for a wide variety of publications.
- Go to Google Scholar
- Click on the Triple Bars icon and go to Settings
- Under Bibliography Manager select 'Show links to import citations into'
- Select 'EndNote' from drop down menu and save
- Carry out a search
- Click the 'Cite' icon under the citation you would like to import to EndNote.
- Click on 'EndNote' from the pop-up box
- A tab will appear at the bottom left corner of the page
- Double click on it or click on arrow to open.
- The newly imported references will appear in the Imported References group. Click All References to return All References to view.
Please see below image